Whether you have bought a property to let or are thinking about letting a family home, we at C R Child & Partners are happy to advise you on all aspects of renting out your property, from what is required legally to advice regarding furnishings or redecoration.
Our experienced team takes great pains to select the right tenant for your property. That’s why before we take on a property we will meet you on site to get a feel for the place and will talk with you at length about your requirements.
We can offer a fully managed service for a monthly commission or tenant-find only service.
Our Tenant Find Service
We find the right tenant for you by:
- Visiting you at your property and providing a rental valuation and any other advice you may require about letting your property.
- Advising you on compliance with the various safety regulations.
- Advertising your property on-line via our website, Rightmove and On the Market.
- Accompanying applicants to view the property.
- Obtaining and evaluating references and credit checks.
- Preparing a suitable Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and arranging signature by the tenant.
- Collecting a tenancy deposit which will be treated in accordance with current legislation (subject to a separate fee as detailed below).
- Preparing an inventory and schedule of condition, checking the tenant into the property and agreeing the inventory and checking the tenant out of the property at the end of the tenancy (subject to a separate fee as detailed below).
- Supervising the transfer of gas, electricity, water and council tax accounts into the tenant's name.
Our Full Management Service
Includes all of the tenant find service plus:
- Receiving rental payments monthly in advance on the 1st of the month and paying these into your nominated bank account (on approximately the 17th of the month), together with a detailed statement from our computerised management systems.
- If required, paying regular outgoings for you from rental payments.
- Inspecting the property periodically and reporting any problems to you.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety Regulations throughout the period of the tenancy (i.e. arranging Gas Safety checks, etc).
- Arranging any necessary repairs or maintenance, first liaising with you in the case of larger works.
- Keeping in touch with the tenant on a routine basis and arranging renewals of the agreement as necessary.
- Checking tenants out of the property as required, re-letting and continuing the process with the minimum of vacant periods to ensure you receive the optimum return from your property.
£50 per tenant reference check
£40 to register the deposit with The Dispute Service.
£140-£170 (depending on the size of the property) for the Schedule of Condition/Check-in/Check-out service*.
£80-£100 Legionella Risk Assessment.
£175 for the Tenancy Agreement.
These fees are deducted from the first month's rent and nothing is payable until a tenant has been found.
*The Schedule of Condition is a detailed report including photographs and meter readings carried out by an accredited assessor, which provides a benchmark by which the deposit is either returned or held back at the end of the tenancy. It is signed by tenants upon check-in and is used to carry out the check-out inspection.